Otamatone “Deluxe” Electronic Musical Instrument2 October 2023
What is Otamatone?
The Otamatone is a cute, quirky, and fun to play electronic musical toy characterized by its eighth note-shaped body, adorable moving mouth, and silly, buzzing, amusingly off-key “voice.” Developed by design firm Maywa Denki, it was first released in Japan in 2009 and has been the country’s best-selling musical toy ever since.
Innovative, unique, and now a popular toy worldwide, the Otamatone has earned high praise from fans and the toy industry alike, including the Japan Toy Association’s grand prize Japanese Toy Award in their ‘High Target’ toy division.
How Does It Work?
You don’t need to be a professional musician to have fun with the Otamatone – anyone can get the hang of it! Play any tune you like by sliding fingers up and down on the stem. Shake the Otamatone while playing for vibrato and create a “wah-wah” effect by squeezing the Otamatone’s cheeks to make its mouth open and close. Switches on the back of the head allow you to switch octaves, control the volume, and turn the Otamatone on and off to preserve battery life.
About Otamatone Deluxe
The Otamatone Deluxe is an upgraded version of the original, featuring a larger size, a more responsive stem for easier playing, both pitch and volume control, and a 3.5mm jack for headphones and speakers.
Perfect Gift for Kids, Teens, and Adults!
Great as a Christmas or birthday gift for any child, music lover, or anyone who wants to have fun making cute, silly songs on the world’s weirdest musical instrument! Makes a hilarious joke or gag gift, and the smaller, keychain-sized Otamatone Melody designed for younger kids makes an adorable party favor too! Stay safe at home while having fun with your family!
Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly from what appears online.
- Stay safe at home while having fun with your family!
- BEST SELLING – One of Japan’s BEST Selling Music Toys, Deluxe Version is a Full-sized Otamatone in a Professional Musician-Grade.
- FUN & EASY TO PLAY – You can create different sound and pitch by pressing down the middle part of the Otamatone. By sliding down your finger up and down, you can create higher and lower tone.
- TURN IT UP – Connect to headphones, amps, and speakers with the 3.5mm stereo jack.
- Operates On 3 AAA Batteries (Battery Included)